Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Friday, March 4, 2016

Notes from Heartbreak Hill

Curtains close. Music stops. Kisses end. Some good things never last. Moments, however intense, disappear with the passing of time.

Perhaps, ours disappeared with the cherry blossoms blown away by the February breeze or as we stood up there in the mountain that took my breath away. Or perhaps, in the middle of the night as dragons breathed fire and red lanterns lit up the night, you just decided that you would leave.  

Or maybe, you weren't ready or you couldn't. Or you simply just had to go. No goodbyes. 

It was short, sweet and forever etched in my heart. You have made your mark. I will find comfort in the possibility that we had. 

Who was it who said that one can never go back to the same place ever? We can never go back to the way things were. 

Not a day will go by without me succumbing to the misery of losing the “we,” the “us,” the “you and I." It has rearranged everything inside me into an incoherent, incomprehensible narrative.

There's no lesson in all this, no sense at all, just pain -- a deep, profound and lingering pain.